Hello Monster Dash 5k racers!
We are so excited that you’ve signed up to participate in our inaugural run! Here are a few details that may be helpful to you as you prepare for race day…
Bib pickup and race start:
- Bib and t-shirt pickup open at 8:00am on the morning of the race, and will be open until 8:55.
- Seattle Parks Dept has moved us up north a tad to Shelter 5, directly across from the kid’s wading pool. Signage should direct you right to us.
- At 8:45am, Annette from Fitness for Vitality (Monster Dash Gold level sponsor) will take us through a quick warm-up to prepare for the race. You won’t want to miss it!
- Race will start promptly at 9:00am
- We are doing two loops around the upper trails of Lincoln Park, starting at the Wading Pool and working our way counter-clockwise around the park.
- Our course will be well marked, and there will be guides along the way to help make sure no one gets lost.
- Kid’s dash will start at 10:00am at the wading pool/shelter #5.
- If you have a child running in the kid’s dash, please be sure to sign a waiver on their behalf. Look for the kid’s dash registration table.
- Kids will be running in two waves: the littlest monsters dash will be just over 100m, and will run first. The slightly bigger monsters dash will be just shy of ¼ mile, and will start after the little kids finish.
- Kid’s dash is open to anyone in the single-digit years (9 and under), and there is no charge to run.
- Kids t-shirts will be available for $5 each on race day
- Prepare for ridiculous amounts of cuteness.
- We will be awarding prizes for the top 3 male and female finishers, top 3 adult and top 3 children’s costumes, and best group costume
- Awards will also be given to the co-op school with the most pre-registered runners, and the top finishing teacher/parent advisor
- We still have a few openings for on-site registration, so feel free to invite your friends to join us!
- After the race, runners can help themselves to water, bananas and bagels made fresh by Zats A Better Bagel (Monster Dash Bronze level sponsor)
- We will have a licensed massage therapist available to work over your sore muscles; all donations go directly to our preschool fund.
- There will be an unsupervised, leave-at-your-own-risk bag check available to runners, in case you have a few items you don’t want to carry along the route.
- We will accept cash or check only for purchases (registration and t-shirts) made on race day
- Be sure to check our website westseattlemonsterdash.blogspot.com for race results and race day photos! These should be posted in the days following the race.
And finally, we send our deepest gratitude to our race sponsors! We are in awe of your generosity, and encourage all of our racers to show them a little love.
BRONZE Sponsnors: Zats A Better Bagel, The Little Gym West Seattle, Biojunction Sports Therapy, Rebecca Michi Children’s Sleep Consultant, Alki Sunshine B&B, Corren Consulting, Kudozy