Calling all runners, walkers, crawlers, and stroller riders!!
You are enthusiastically invited to participate in the inaugural run of the West Seattle Monster Dash on Saturday, October 27th 2012. 5k starts at 9:00 am, Little Monster Dash (kid’s run) starts at 10:00am, and awards will follow shortly thereafter.
· It’s a Halloween theme, so costumes are STRONGLY encouraged. Prizes awarded for best individual costumes and best group costumes!
· Get your friends to register – award for the co-op site with the most participants!
· Get your teacher to run – award for the fastest teacher!
· Run fast – awards for top 3 male and female finishers!
· Kids run for FREE at the Little Monsters Dash!
· Race map and course info available at our website: http://westseattlemonsterdash.blogspot.com/
· $25 if you register before October 14
· $30 if you register before October 26
· $35 for day-of registration (Opens at 8:00 am)
· Register for the 5k at Active.com. They do charge a $3.25 registration fee. http://www.active.com/running/seattle-wa/monster-dash-5k-and-kids-dash-2012
· RSVP your child for the Little Monsters Dash here! http://new.evite.com/l/WWFCKTGIVM
· Kid’s t-shirts will be available for purchase on race day for $5.00.
· The course is stroller-friendly, although we will be mostly running on trails.
· Runners, strollers, walkers, movers and shakers of all kinds are welcome. Canine companions (with the exception of service dogs) are not.
Not interested in running? Still want to help support our event? We’d love to have you as a volunteer! Please contact email@example.com
All proceeds will benefit the South Seattle Community College Co-Op Preschool Program, an amazing nonprofit that has touched lives for decades in West Seattle
Not sure if you are ready to run a 5k? Running shoes a little rusty? Here is a sample “Couch to 5k” training plan from one of our AMAZING sponsors, Running Evolution: http://runningevolution.com/5-training-schedule-list-of-races/